We hope that you had a nice summer! Here are some news and resources brought to you by the OsteoConnections, the official blog of the University Health Network and Mount Sinai Hospital Osteoporosis Program.
Check out the recently added patient education materials on our blog.
- Newsletter on bone health for men on hormone therapy for prostate cancer (ADT Study Newsletter): Issue 3, Issue 2, Issue 1
- Senior exercise classes in our area: Strength and balance exercise classes for seniors and Fitness and Recreation for Seniors
- Tips for nutritious living provided to you by our Program’s nutrition expert and Dietitians of Canada:
Check out the most recent osteoporosis-related news and resources for Canadians.
- Exercise recommendations for people living with osteoporosis: Are You Too Fit To Fracture?
- Long-term care recommendations for fracture prevention: Fracture Prevention for Long-Term Care Residents
- Osteoporosis Canada’s Guidelines for Vitamin D are Safe, Evidence Based and are Designed to Prevent Vitamin D Inadequacy: Recent Update and Vitamin D guidelines
- Osteoporosis Canada and Shopper’s Drug Mart join together to build awareness among women about how to reduce the risk for osteoporotic fractures: Shoppers Love You Program Putting Women’s Health First
University Health Network and Mt Sinai Hospital
Check out some of the patient education and healthy living resources found at our institutions.
- Learn about the Mount Sinai Hospital’s patient education program for the elderly: Stupp/Cohen Patient Education Pavilion
- Learn about the University Health Network’s patient and family education program: Patient and Family Education
- Wellness blog for the University Health Network staff – you may also find informative: Living well @ UHN
- Learning about cancer survivorship, health and wellness with cancer survivors and families: EllicsrBlog
Click here for a PDF version of this blog post.
Any questions about these news and resources? Comment in the box below!